Monday, November 24, 2014

Peppermint Body Scrub Gift

As the holidays fast approach us, if you are anything like me you are just now wondering what to get your loved ones for Christmas.  Well seeing that this is my blog about do it yourself body care crafts then why not have a DIY Christmas gift.



This scrub is very easy to make and you can get all the ingredients from the grocery store, but you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry.  All you need for this body scrub is a canning jar, olive oil, sugar, peppermint extract, and red food coloring.

I first clean the canning jar with warm soapy water, just to make sure nothing in my scrub gets contaminated.  Then I mix 1 and a half cups of olive oil and 1 and a half cup of sugar in a large bowl. You can always adjust the amount of ingredients to your liking.  I then add about 8 drops of peppermint extract to the mixture.  Also can be adjusted to your liking.  I put half of the mixture into another bowl and add a few drops of red food coloring, it gives it a pinkish color.  I then layer the colored mixture and the non-colored mixture into the canning jar to give it a layered look, you know, like a candy cane.

Hope you all enjoy this scrub enough to share with your loved ones.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment